Tools and Advice.
We’ve put together a few tips and useful tools to help you make the most of your fundraising efforts.
- Download a sponsorship form from the bottom of the page and start raising money straight away!
Shout about it!
The people most likely to donate to your event/challenge are your friends, so always share on your own social media. Don’t forget to let us know what you’re doing and we’ll make sure we share from the Mane Chance social accounts as well.
Facebook is the best way to keep everyone in the loop about your fundraising. Here are some handy hints to get the most from using Facebook to promote your fundraising:
- Share your JustGiving page on Facebook to spread the word – it’s really easy to do if you download the JustGiving app for your phone.
- Post photos and videos of your training or any preparation you may be doing for your fundraising event – don’t forget to include your JustGiving link!
- Like our Facebook page and share your progress with us
If you’re on Twitter, make sure you follow Mane Chance and include @manechance in any tweets and we will be sure to follow your progress.
The Dos and Don'ts: Advice, guidance and legislation around fundraising:
Some things to think about when planning your event:
- Ensure that your event is organised efficiently and safely – the Health and Safety Executive has further information on event safety.
- If you’re selling food, contact the Environmental Health department at your local council office for advice and to obtain any necessary licenses.
- Consider what insurance cover you need for your event.
- Check with your local council whether you need any special licences, e.g. a public entertainment licence or a licence to sell alcohol.
- Always have two people present to count any money raised.
There are strict laws relating to raffles. You can obtain comprehensive guidelines from your local authority ‑ we recommend these are followed in full.
We hope these help make things a bit easier to get your event up and running - please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any queries.
There are a number of ways for our community to share our Sanctuary and horses.
Read the story behind Mane Chance.
There are many ways you can be part of our Sanctuary.